Friday, July 8, 2011

The Windy City

I have these great friends that I inherited from my husband (his college roommate and bride-to-be) who sadly moved away from us to Chicago. They are tying the knot in almost one month to the date and I could not be more thrilled for them. Their new place sounds itty-bitty, as you can imagine it would be in a big city. They enlisted my help to assist in decorating their new space.

Before we go any further, I must say that these dear friends are the most fun-loving, down to earth, big kids I have ever met! I had a sneaky feeling they wanted their home to reflect this, but weren't quite sure how to pull it off. This is what I came up with!




On the first board, you will notice they already have these nifty pieces from World Market which I absolutely adore. The sofa they selected has a very mid-century modern feel, and I wanted to play off that vibe with a fun retro twist. Katie specified grays, mustards, and greens for the color palette and I accented those with pops of burnt orange and fuchsia. Black and white accessories ground the whole concept. The chair I selected is small-scale and streamlined; perfect for a downtown apartment. Buy the pair for only $260 and it will add much more seating for a steal! The plush shag 5' x 8' rug is also a bargain at $139 and will keep the space light and airy. Artwork from Etsy is affordable and also supports the arts.

Wes & Katie, I hope you love your new space and life together! See you in August :)

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment