Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thought for Thursday

I don't know about you guys, but actual paper magazines are a real treat. I usually only buy them when on vacation, so during our 30 hour trip back from Hawaii, I figured it might be a good time to splurge! I chose the June issue of Elle Decor. Did you guys flip through it? I was so excited to see a feature on the cover of the "A-List Designers". While skimming through, I was awed by the innovation and quirkiness of some of the designs, like these...



But then there are some rooms that you can hardly tell what type of space they are, like these...







Which brings me to my thought for Thursday:

At what point does interior design become art?

Interior design is the perfect marriage of function and pretty. When it becomes all about the aesthetics, you lose the core of good design. It would be like a gorgeous renovated kitchen with cabinets that didn't open.

What do you think? How fine is the line between lovely and livable?


0 darling comments:

Post a Comment