Monday, July 4, 2011

What's New on the Tube

Let's be honest... while I wish I could sit here and tell y'all that I spend every second of my weekend swimming in design projects or dreaming up new ways to re-purpose my latest vintage treasure, I would be a big 'ol fat liar if I did! I do allot a good portion of my free-time to design things, but deep down, I am a reality TV junkie and love to bum around Saturday mornings. Whatever I end up watching usually is design-related, as long as Brian lets me have control of the remote :)

I was super excited about the new season of HGTV Design Star set to debut next Monday UNTIL I went on-line and looked at the contestants design portfolios. Have you guys checked it out? I skimmed through a few of the albums on hgtv.com and was somewhat heart-broken. I felt like as I was going through each picture, there was an air bubble over my head with the words "wah-wah" contained inside.

I really do hate to be so negative... Perhaps I am judging too early. Maybe the design contestants had to send in images last minute that really don't show their best work. Nevertheless, I am still going to be glued to the TV next Monday. Will you guys watch? Check out their portfolios here and let me know what you think.

One room I did adore is by Leslie Ezelle (what a cool name!). Here is the before and after:

[via]

[via]

And here is a fun design by Kellie Clements:

[via]
Hope you all have a great start to this short work week :)

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment