Monday, April 18, 2011

Eats for Easter

I really do love to bake. Well, let me re-phrase: I like the idea of baking. That doesn't mean I am good at it. This is how it usually unfolds:

1. I buy a ton of ingredients that cost five times more than it would if I just bought the store-bought version of what I am aiming to make
2. I get a little cocky and start "eye-balling" what 2.5 cups of sugar really is...
3. Then I put the ingredients in a pitiful baking pan that I have had since my dorm days
4. My apartment oven then burns it on one side, but leaves it nice and doughy on the other
5. I take my deflated concoction that dogs won't even eat out of the oven
6. I cry as Brian tries to console me while my face has streams of flour-y tears dripping down it
7. Then I go to the store and buy the pre-made version

Oh the joys of baking. But this, THIS, I really do think I can make. And make it edible. Heck, if I make it for my family, they have to eat it, right? Isn't that somewhere in the family handbook?

Pretty sweet! (Har-har, get the pun?)

[Photos courtesy of Tookies' Etsy site]

They are simple sugar cookies, dyed to pastel perfection and glued together with a thick buttercream filling.

If I can't make this, I just need to give up. I'll let you know how it goes!

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment