Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lights, Camera, Fashion Week!

Perhaps a bit dramatic for the title, but let's be real here: it is FASHION WEEK, people. The New York shows wrapped up back in February and we are in the midst of the festivities in Paris. It always throws me off watching these gorgeous get-ups go down the run-way but for the next season. I just blogged about how excited I am for spring and now I am seeing the latest and greatest for fall. That got me thinking about wardrobe necessities that can be closet staples year-round. I heart this ensemble Marc Jacobs showed last month. Here are some Forever21 pieces that are a little more budget-friendly. :)

[Fashion Week image courtesy of Marie Claire]
1: This lightweight knit brocade sweater is a lovely dove gray and a great basic to have in spring or fall.
2: Put a little sparkle in your outfit with this unassuming sweet headband.
3: This vintage-inspired bag looks more like an antique briefcase than handbag which is why it is perfectly suited for this look.
4: Tights are a very practical and stylish way to add texture and visual interest. The mesh tights in gray look like lace close up.
5: Maybe a sequin pencil skirt isn't something you would wear to the office. I love this jacquard skirt because it adds the teensiest bit of sheen and pattern.
6: Holy booties. How stinking cute are the bows on the backs of these killer shoes?









All of these pieces are versatile and sure to be-worn throughout the seasons. I will leave you with a couple shots of when I worked backstage during Paris Fashion Week. :)

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment