Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The One Thing I Miss About High School...

Actually, there is not much I miss. High school years were not my best. I was pretty awkward (some things never change) and painfully shy. The only thing I think about from the good 'ol days is spring break. Lately I've been seeing all of these posts on Facebook about kids going to sunny Florida for a week or going to visit their cousins in California while I am sitting in my window-less office all freaking day. Oh the joys of being a grown up. However, I think I got the better end of the deal here. Those kids can enjoy their spring break because I will be going on my HONEYMOON to Hawaii in three short months! Those months are really not so short, but we can pretend. :)

Brian and I decided to vacay on the Big Island which is the least touristy area. It was the perfect compromise for us. I want beautiful beaches and an amazing resort; Brian wants lots of adventure and this area will not disappoint with all of the volcanoes and rainforests. I.cannot.wait.

Here are some pictures of where we are staying at the King Kamehameha Kona Beach Hotel.
Just give me a fruity mixed drink and a frivolous book...
These rooms look so relaxing AND the hotel won an award from ASID which I am all about.
So awesome.
[Photos courtesy of King Kamehameha Hotel's website]
So, little young spring breakers, I hope you enjoy your time at the beach. I will be dreaming about volcanoes, the green sandy beaches, and freshly-brewed Kona coffee...

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment