Most of the people I know are aware of my unnatural obsession with France. After studying abroad there two years ago, I thought my infatuation would fade. Alas, my friends, my addiction is a strong as ever. Our wedding has been very influenced by French-y things. We are attempting a dessert bar (with the gracious help of my baking-savvy sisters) and I, of course, want to re-create the French pastries and goodies that made me gain five pounds while there. Word to the wise: it is never a good idea to live above a
pâtisserie. Below are photos I took of these treats throughout my travels:
 |
1: Delectable raspberry cheesecake I devoured in a petit cafe outside Claude Monet's home and gardens.
2: Fresh-baked baguette. I believe I averaged one of these a day.
3: Similar to a strawberry-shortcake, this cake-like pastry made me yearn for summertime.
4: A friend's parents came to town and splurged on these fruit pie confections.
5: Creme-filled dessert with colored powdered sugar topping.
6: [Borrowed this photo from a friend] Lovely treat from Lauduree.
7: I would compare this one to a double-decker Boston creme doughnut.
8: Almond and powdered sugar drenched croissant.
9: Mille-feuille (meaning 1,000 leaves) is my favorite. It is layer upon layer of pastry sheet and creme.
10: This, my friends, is what I often called breakfast in Paris. It is a waffle (une gaufre) with Nutella! |
|
|
Not only are these all delicious, I loved the presentation of them all. Each has a little wrapping, rose petal, or petite topper to go with it to make it even that much more darling. Try incorporating some of these designs next time you host a brunch or hors d'oeuvres get-together; you are sure to wow your guests!
Any ideas on what I should make for my dessert bar? Ideas would be greatly appreciated!
0 darling comments:
Post a Comment