Some of you may know that my ultimate dream is to own a stately Neoclassical Revival home in the countryside with enormous Corinthian columns, crisp white paint, and beautiful grounds that were landscaped a hundred years ago. While lovely and charming, this house is actually a business venture in my mind. We would rent out the house as a wedding venue and live in the upstairs or apartment area. I think I may be a bit biased with the house style of choice since Brian and I were married in a white Neoclassical Revival house with enormous columns. :)
[Photo courtesy of
Lauren Garrison Photography]
I realize, however, that I am just assuming that all brides to be would want to get married in a place like I did. So, I would love your input. What is your dream wedding venue, or better yet, where did you get married? How far did you travel from where you live to get married, or how far would you travel? What aspects are most important to you if you were to get married in a historic home?
I love that idea! :Renting out and living in the house of your dreams, that would also help others dream come true? Perfect!
ReplyDeleteMy dream wedding venue is a huge field with one big great tree. Preferably a Magnolia! For a reception, I just want to have a really nice dinner with 20 or so family and friends at a great restaurant. I picture a long, gorgeously decorated table. (I'm hiring you to make this happen BTW)
:)