Monday, August 13, 2012

Easy As Pie

I must be ready for fall seeing as I keep concocting pies and pastries chock-full of apples and cinnamon. It is still hot in North Carolina, but this weekend there was a slight breeze in the air and the evening temperature was just about perfect. With this subtle hint of fall, I was inspired to make an apple cobbler pie.

Here is what you will need:

3-4 large Granny Smith Apples
Pie crust (I used a store-bought graham cracker crust)
Stick of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (more or less to taste)
Cobbler topping kit

*In the photos, I did not peel the apples for times sake, but I would recommend doing so*


1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Core and peel apples, then cut into thin slices.
3. Place apples in mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in bowl, then pour onto the apple slices.
5. Cover apples slices with the cinnamon and sugar mix.
6. Place slices in pie crust - I found it best to layer them in a circle.
7. Slice the butter into four 1/4" size pieces and place on top of the apple slices.
8. Use the remaining butter with the cobbler topping mix.
9. Place the cobbler mix on top of the apples.
10. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
11. Garnish with whipped cream and enjoy!









0 darling comments:

Post a Comment