Friday, August 31, 2012

Joie de Vivre

In the hustle and bustle of life, it is often easy to forget to take a moment and enjoy the little things. Personally, I have so much to be thankful for and need to step back and appreciate all of the blessings in my life. One of my favorite French sayings, "joie de vivre" (joy of living) depicts this notion perfectly. Here are a few things that are adding joy to my life right now.

Weekend brunch is a big to do in our house, so Brian and I were both thrilled to finally get a waffle maker. I am already looking forward to breakfast tomorrow.


Our passports have been out on display in preparation for our up-coming trip and are a constant happy reminder of the voyage to Saint John.
 

My sister gave me this set of studs for my birthday and they suit my style perfectly. I also love how versatile they are.


My other sister gave me this candle that now lives in our bathroom. The scent is so fresh and slightly flowery, and I absolutely adore the vintage floral print on the glass holder.

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment