Thursday, August 9, 2012

House Tour: Master Bedroom


I feel a little silly calling this our “master bedroom” when in reality it is a space that connects our living room with the kitchen! We do have plans for closing in the space down the road, but I will say I really enjoy the openness of the room as it is!

Here is the before:


And after:



Before:

And after:


*Don't miss the doors Brian added to our bedroom!*

Main wall color: “Lattice” by Sherwin Williams
Wall stripes: “Conservative Gray” by Sherwin Williams; “First Star” by Sherwin Williams
Dressers: Craigslist
Headboard: Amazon
Bedside tables: Target
Bedside lamps: Thrift
Lamp shades: HomeGoods
Chandelier: Thrift
Duvet: Target
Accent pillows: HomeGoods (blue), Ross (gold)
Rug: HomeGoods
Curtains and rods: Target
Mirror: Thrift (Brian’s find!)

I know I have already posted quite a few images of our bedroom already when we put in our chandelier, so I won’t spend too much time on this room, but I would like to share a few tips on working with a small space. You may have noticed that we hung our drapes much higher on the wall than where the actual window starts. Since our ceiling height is only seven feet, this tricks the eye into thinking the windows and therefore ceiling are much higher than they actually are. We also continued the paint colors from the living room and bathroom into the bedroom to add continuity to the flow of the rooms. The previous owner had painted the walls a neutral tan color, which created a stark contrast between the white ceilings and the darker colored walls. By using a very light gray, that contrast is gone and we are left with a smoother transition which makes the room appear larger. Wall stripes are also often used to make a room appear wider (horizontal stripes) or taller (vertical stripes).

Even with the awkwardness of the space, our bedroom turned out to be my favorite room in the house!




There is no room for a bench at the end of the bed, so we mooch off the pooch and use the top of her crate to stow our throw pillows at night. :)


I absolutely love the mirror Brian found and can't believe we only paid six dollars for it!

 

1 darling comments:

  1. WOW! Your MASTER bedroom is wonderful, fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete