Oh the kitchen – the heart of the home! I find it
fascinating how the function of the kitchen has changed over time. We have gone
from the kitchen being basically an outhouse before the turn of the century to the main
selling point of a home. Thankfully, we now live super close to awesome
restaurants and I am not much of a cook, so this itty bitty kitchen wasn’t even
close to a deal breaker for me. I fell in love with the vintage appliances (who
wouldn’t want a mint green oven?) and the little quirks all around.
Before:
After:
Before:
And after:
Wall
paint: “Angora” by Sherwin Williams
Table: HomeGoods
Chairs: HomeGoods
Bench: Homegoods
Curtain and rod: Target
Chandelier: a gift from my brother
Backsplash: Lowes
Chalkboard
decal: Amazon
The
hardest part with this room was just finding a color
that would work with the sand-colored countertops and green appliances!
Lavender seemed like a good fit, so we went with this warm grayish shade
of
lilac. The faux tin backsplash helps to tie in the silver hardware and
appliances
while adding a bit of charm to the kitchen. Even though we don’t have a
dishwasher, the layout is surprisingly functional and I love having an
oven
that is higher off the ground (note to self for the next kitchen!). The
open
shelves make the small space seem larger and are a fun way to display my
favorite flea market finds and our wedding china. The built-in cabinet
makes a
perfect bar area and adds extra storage. It would be nice to fit a
larger
dining table in the area, but it works out well right now to have
another
couple over for dinner. We are lucky to have a pretty big backyard that
will be perfect for summer soirees. Overall, I love our tiny little
kitchen. :)










0 darling comments:
Post a Comment