Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Holy Moly

My dearest sister pointed out I have not blogged since February. That is almost two seasons ago! My oh my how the time flies. I think she just wanted something to read when she is bored at work, but regardless, this one is for you, Lauren. :)

After not looking at this blog for quite some time, I noticed it was looking a little drab and could use some much needed freshening up! Beautiful Dawn Designs has, well, beautiful designs that are reasonably priced. I really love the new look and I hope you do too - be sure to check out her site!

On a side note, another birthday has come and gone. I am a quarter of a century year old. I celebrated my 25th on Monday and it really was a lovely birthday - one of the best yet! I was able to spend it with my entire family which is a rare treat. There were also many scrumptious cakes involved. I was spoiled with TWO birthday cakes and delicious cupcakes made by a sweet coworker.

Angel food cupcake with raspberry icing - yum.



Brian surprised me with this delicious cake. At a co-workers wedding (the one who made the cupcakes pictured above), we had the most delicious cake EVER from Sugarland Bakery. I have been talking about it ever since. The icing is so light and the cake is super moist. However, it is the filling that "takes the cake." If you look closely, you can see the strawberry seeds - so fresh! Sadly, the bakery only makes this flavor as a special order, but if you are ever in need of a special occasion cake, ask for the Wimbledon - you will not regret it!

 

We have pretty much finished the inside of the house! The backyard is keeping us busy and I have a feeling it will take many more hours than the inside. Unfortunately, pulling weeds is not as much fun as picking out side chairs, but I think it will be extra rewarding when everything is done. Literally, we have put blood, lots of sweat, and tears into our outdoor space. I can't wait to show the finished product!

Kitchen back splash - very easy and an excellent light reflector for small spaces!



Thrift store candlesticks on the mantle.



I couldn't resist this cute little topiary. It adds a little greenery to our living room and the best part is I cannot kill it!
  


Hard to believe she is already almost a year old! It is not very often I am able to keep her still long enough to snap a photo... especially not when her ball is close by. :)



0 darling comments:

Post a Comment