Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pretty in pink

Our guest bedroom/office now has three (count 'em) THREE coats of fresh paint on the walls. And I think I have a husband who is ready to divorce his indecisive wife. So, here is how the paint saga went down.

When we first moved in four months ago, Brian and I were so determined to paint the entire house right away. I had spent weeks plotting and planning to pick out the perfect paint color for every room... with the exception of the guest bedroom. So fast forward to that fateful weekend late on Sunday night. We had just finished with the other planned rooms, and then walked into the guest bedroom. I just wanted it "done", so Brian and I be-grudgingly painted the walls a dull white color that was left over from another project. Over the next few weeks, we decorated and spiffed it up a bit, but I never was in love. Until we went into Target the other week. Darn you Target and your well-merchandised aisles! Sabrina Soto has teamed up with Target to create a spectacular line of home decor. I spotted the new collection and was infatuated. Cheerful shades of aqua, peach, brass and antique white complement the feminine, vintage-inspired designs.

Brian actually called me out and said, "You know this is exactly what you want in the guest bedroom". Then he said what I never thought any [straight] man would say: "Let's paint the walls pink"... uhhh, ok!

So we did - Sherwin Williams White Dogwood to be exact after seeing this pretty photo:


A wall in and I hated it. Instead of the peony pink color I envisioned in my head, it looked like Barbie had puked Pepto Bismol all over her dream house... and there was nothing dreamy about it. We decided to finish the room just in case we fell in love with it after completion. Alas, we did not. I knew we would have to re-paint.


I finally found a keeper the week after: Sherwin Williams Intimate White. It is light, has a slight hint of peach, and definitely reminds me of peonies. :) Hallelujah! Here is a peek of the design. I am hoping to post photos once the room is cleaned up!


0 darling comments:

Post a Comment