Monday, July 18, 2011

Accessorize with Color

I get the feeling that most people are generally afraid of color. I can completely understand why. Color trends come and go so fast, who wants to be stuck with something that will be outdated in two years? I love me some Golden Girls, but I have to slap the set designer's hand on this interior. Exhibit A - salmon pink + avocado green (bleh):

via

You will notice the pink carpet, green furniture and patterned wallpaper and drapes. These are all fairly expensive items to replace.

My advice when it comes to your own home and color? Stick with neutrals for the pricier pieces. A beige sofa, gray chairs, espresso dining table, and white dining chairs will have much more longevity than a damask patterned couch (which I feel is already on the way out). The way to modernize is through the magic of accessories. Here are an array of accessories from Z Gallerie that are sure to please all color palettes!



If you find a colorful side chair you love, or bright drapery fabric that makes your heart tingle, by all means, BUY IT! When you love something that much, you are much less likely to get sick of it. Brian got me a colorful canvas reproduction a couple years ago that I am still madly in love with :)

Do you have any vibrant pieces that are in it for the long haul?

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment