Monday, May 9, 2011

Must Have: Metallics

Have you guys noticed the pops (and sometimes gobs!) of metallics gilding the most beautiful of homes lately? I sure have!


[Via Trad Home]


[Via Lonny Mag]


[Via Trad Home]




[Via Trad Home]



 
[Via Lonny Mag]





























I love, love, LOVE the metallic paint and wallpaper. The subtle glimmering stripes that are carried throughout the dining and living room make the space seem to stretch on for miles. Plus, it sparkles! Need I say more? Schumacher has a great selection of metallic wallcoverings. Here are some of my favs:






Gorgeous, but pretty pricey! Another great way to achieve the look? Stencils. On Etsy, Cutting Edge Stencils has a tremendous collection.





[Damask Wild Berry Wall Stencil $42.95]

[Peony Grande Stencil $16.95]








































As you can see, the more intricate pattern, the pricier the stencil. But since they are re-usable, the cost is still MUCH less than going for the paper version. To get the metallic effect, either go with a shimmery paint or try this easy trick. Pick two colors that are next to each other on a paint card (two shades of the same color). Purchase one gallon in a flat finish and purchase the other color in a satin/semi-gloss finish. Use one of the colors for the base, and the other for the stencil paint. This will add sheen to your walls and a super luxe look.

Before I go, I will leave you with some lustrous lovelies from Z Gallerie!

[Z Gallerie]


[Z Gallerie]

[Z Gallerie]



[Z Gallerie]

 

   



[Z Gallerie]





0 darling comments:

Post a Comment