The best part about these? It cost me $15 for all of the supplies. My bargain-hunting heart is brimming with pride over these babies. I got the actual favor "boxes" from the Dollar Tree. Each set of ten is $1. I dressed them up with ribbon bows and rosebuds in our colors from Michaels which cost about $7. That giant box of Lindt Chocolates was a drawing prize I won at work (one of the perks of working in a buying office) and therefore cost me zilch. The favors are now taking up half of our fridge space (I am terrified the chocolate will melt), but it feels so good to have that monster task knocked out!
Our programs are actually invitations in our colors that I found on clearance. I really wanted to incoporate something that represented my late Granny, so I took an old birthday card she had given to me many years ago, scanned a section of her writing, and printed it on the program envelopes. Most will not know what it is, but it means the world to me knowing that a little piece of her is with me on my wedding day.
Then there were the vows. Oh the vows. I must admit I was not looking forward to this part. Neither Brian nor I are religious, but both sets of our parents are, so we wanted to try and make all parties happy. In the end, we came to the conclusion that this is OUR wedding. While we love and respect out parents, I want my vows to reflect us as a couple and really come from our hearts. Enter our wonderful officiant Tricia Sabol. She gave us so many non-denominational options for our vows and we were able to select EXACTLY what we want her to say! It was seriously like "Build-a-Ceremony" where we just cut and paste the sections we want to include or delete. I highly reccommend this approach.
Okay, this post is becoming a novel, so I will stop ranting and raving about our wedding stuff. But, since I only posted my pitiful camera-phone photos, I will leave you with this GORGEOUS wedding posted on Style Me Pretty photographed by the uber talented Amanda Wilcher. My favorite part? The bride did pretty much all of it herself.



0 darling comments:
Post a Comment