Speaking of which, my favorite part of the whole show was the transformation of Carrie's apartment. I watched the movie over the weekend (seriously probably about the 100th time) and loved seeing her space evolve as Sarah Jessica Parker's character did.
[Photos courtesy of HBO]
Carrie's Apartment (Post-breakup):
[Photos courtesy Craig Blankenhorn and New Line Cinema from Casa Suga]
Carrie + Big's Apartment:
[All photos by Craig Blankenhorn from the StyleList]
I know these shots are nothing new - the first movie came out about three years ago - and there have been hundreds of blog posts about the makeover, but wacthing the movie again sparked something for me. Sometimes in life, you need a makeover. Maybe you are going through a break-up (like Carrie), you just moved to a new city, or are jump-starting a new career. I think when you create an environment that reflects where you want to be in life, it will help you get there faster. You know how they say, "dress for the job you want, not the job you have?" The same holds true for your space, especially in the creative field. Who wants to design in a boring, un-organized apartment?
I know what I will be doing this weekend :)













0 darling comments:
Post a Comment