Sunday, February 3, 2013

DIY | Wedding Dress Display

I wrote a few weeks back how I was trying to come up with a place to stash my rather bulky wedding dress. I thought about having it preserved, or maybe framing it for display, but came up with a different solution in the end.

I had this old window hanging in my childhood room that used to house a poster of the Eiffel Tower. I had put a fluorescent light in the bottom and created a light box art sort of thing - crafty child, I know. My parents packed up this rickety old windowpane and I have had it sitting around for quite some time. Since I have this unhealthy affinity for old things, I couldn't bear to part with it and it seemed like the perfect backdrop for another art piece.


I dressed up the vintage window just a hair by writing our first dance song on the window panels with a gold pen. I like having a little reminder now in the guest bedroom of our wedding day. :) Plus, I think my dress is much happier on display rather than stuffed inside a sad little box. Now I just need a pretty hanger and we are good to go!


*I am sure you guys know, this is not a proper way to preserve a wedding dress. :) I am not counting on any future children wanting to wear mine.

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment