Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Christmas To Do List and a DIY

I hope you don't think I am crazy as you read this post title. Yes, I do realized it is early November. However, we pretty much have to be ready for the holidays by the first of December since we are going to be in the Holiday Home Tour for our neighborhood. My mind is already racing with the millions of things to do...

Here are a few things I am really looking forward to this season:

1. Drive around and look at Christmas lights (I used to LOVE doing this with my family as a kid)
2. Make cinnamon scented ornaments
3. Have all of the Christmas shopping done (and presents wrapped) by the first week in December
4. Take a photo of Brian, Lola and me for our Christmas card (gag, I know :)
5. Buy a seasonal candle
6. Create a garland for our fireplace
7. Learn how to make festive centerpieces
8. Watch all of my favorite Christmas movies (the list is pretty long)
9. Bake Christmas cookies (preferably with my mom and sisters)
10. Buy a present for an "angel tree" recipient

I also wanted to share this little DIY project that I turned out to be kind of cute! I saw it originally on Pinterest: instead of a gift bag, wrap a bottle of wine in a cute pair of socks. Use one sock as a bow to tie around the bottle neck. Please don't mind the price tag still hanging off of my new chairs. :)




4 darling comments:

  1. I love this idea for the wine!! Who doesn't like cute socks and booze!! Ooh I can't wait to see how you decorate for the holidays. I am sure it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Katie! P.S. Loved your comment about voting: "If you don't vote, you can't complain" - LOL, so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this DIY idea! I too have had it pinned -- such a good gift for friends because it's inexpensive and yes -- everyone loves booze and socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right? Plus, these socks cost less than a gift bag. Win win in my book :)

    ReplyDelete