Monday, October 8, 2012

Simple Guide for Cake Serving Size

My obsession with cake is no secret. Personally, the cake cutting is the most anticipated moment for me at weddings and I openly express my unwavering love for the well-known dessert in my about me page. In fact, selecting the details for our own wedding cake was one of my favorite parts of the entire wedding process. I completely geeked out and drew designs (in color, I might add) of my cake vision. I take wedding cake very seriously. :) Our cake was just what I hoped for, and I cannot thank the talented baker behind the confection, Sarah, enough!


The one element that was not so much fun about the cake was trying to figure out how many servings we will need. I have been told (but could not believe) that some people don't care for cake but then there are some guests who would be happy to have seconds. I had nightmares for weeks before that we would run out of cake! I stumbled upon this pin the other day and wish I had found this handy dandy little guide back in my wedding planning days. I definitely will tuck this gem away to use as a general rule of thumb when making birthday and other celebratory cakes.



Were you this obsessed with your wedding cake? If you have a link to your actual or dream cake, please share - I would love to see it!

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment