Today I am so excited to show you the before and after of
our guest bedroom/office! This space needed to wear many hats since it is the
only spare room for overnight guests as well as the natural place for a teeny
tiny home office. Even though the room is on the small (emphasis on the small!) side, it is connected to
the bathroom which is a plus for our friends staying the night.
Here is the before:
And after!
Wall
color: “Intimate White” by Sherwin Williams
Desk and bookcase: Craigslist
Replica Ghost side chair: Amazon
Mirror: Homegoods
Mini chandelier: Target
Headboard: Amazon
Bedside tables: Target
Bedside lamps and shades: Target
Duvet: Target
Accent pillow: Target
Rug: Rugs USA
Curtains and rods: Target
Paris
map: Homegoods
I am so lucky to have a husband that was cool with a pink
room! I knew the exact shade I wanted, and to be honest, it took a bit of trial
and error to finally achieve it. I previously mentioned in another post that
the color we kept was actually the third attempt – in other words, we have
painted this entire room three times! I had never picked a pink wall color before, and
the previous attempts always looked like a baby pink more suited for a nursery. I had my heart set on a color
that mimics the very lightest hue of peachy pink in a peony. It did take a
little while, but I love the soft and utterly feminine feel this room has! I
call it my woman cave. :)
Sometimes buying and selling things on Craigslist can turn
out to be a little sketchy (for lack of a better word), which is exactly what
this experience was like. I won’t go into details, but I will say this awkward
transaction ended up being well worth it! We scored the wicker campaign desk,
chest, bookcase, and headboard (sadly damaged beyond repair) for $50. All it
needed was a glossy coat of white paint and pop of turquoise on the interior
drawers. I also painted the desktop a glittery gold to bring out the lovely
campaign hardware.
The vintage prints are from a newspaper dating back to the 1800s. Some of the images are a little jarring upon first glance, but I think they help to balance out all of the sweet pink shades.
These lovebirds were a wedding gift that I gilded. :)
One of my favorite mementos - we had an old school polaroid camera at our wedding and our guests snapped photos of themselves while we were taking pictures with our photographer.
Map of Paris - I love looking up my old stomping grounds on this detailed print.











0 darling comments:
Post a Comment