I am a little bit obsessed with chalkboards... still. :) I love the versatility they offer and just the overall playfulness of the notion. While making a chalkboard is pretty simple these days with chalkboard paint, I always struggled to make them look pretty. My hand-writing on the chalkboard looked like it belonged to a child. I discovered this easy trick when I was planning our wedding and used it on a chalkboard sign.
You will need:
Chalkboard
Chalk stick or chalk/restaurant menu pen (preferred)
Print out of your fonts
1. Using your favorite fonts (calligraphy fonts are always beautiful for this!), create a black and white copy of what you want your chalkboard to look like.
2. Print out the font and make sure it is printed to scale of your chalkboard surface (multiple sheets may be necessary).
3. On the backside of your print out, lightly coat the areas where there is text with chalk.
4. Tape your sheet of paper onto the chalkboard surface making sure everything is aligned properly.
5. Using any pen or pencil, carefully trace the text to transfer the chalk imprint onto the chalkboard.
6. With the chalk stick or pen, go back over the writing to add more contrast.
7. Admire your beautiful "calligraphy"!
If you end up with some edges that need cleaning up a damp q-tip works wonderfully! I think this technique would be perfect for save the date photos, wedding menus, escort card displays, photo booth backdrops - the possibilities are endless.





0 darling comments:
Post a Comment