Monday, July 23, 2012

No Guilt Mojito

I was lucky enough to spend the weekend with old friends which is a rare treat! At these get-togethers, there is always plenty of food and drinks to go around. Seeing as it is summertime, I wanted to make a lighter drink that would not leave me feeling guilty in the morning. There are few things in life more refreshing than a slightly sweet mojito on a hot day. :)

No Guilt Mojito

You will need:

1 lime (this can be used for 4-5 drinks)
bottle of lime juice
diet lime flavored soda (not seltzer)
fresh mint leaves (3-5 to taste)
1 shot of rum (I used Bacardi)
ice
straw (I prefer striped ones) :)

 










1. In a martini shaker, pour 8 oz of soda, shot of rum, one tablespoon of lime juice, and add a handful of ice.
2. Crush the mint leaves in a mortar and pestle, then add to the martini shaker and set aside.
3. Slice the lime (I think thicker slices are better).
4. Shake the contents of the martini shaker, and then pour into the serving glass.
5. Add a slice of lime or two to the top as a garnish.
6. Don't forget the straw and enjoy!


 

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment