Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My New Favorite Thing

I can be quite the stalker when I stumble upon something I want on Craigslist. I have been known to call someone multiple times a day until I am able to get them to answer their phone. It is not something I like to admit. Well, back in January, I spotted a chandelier on Craigslist that I fell in love with. It reminded me of a mix between French Empire and Art Deco style. Sadly, we were not in need of a chandelier at the time, so I let that one go.

Fast forward to last week: I was stalking Craigslist yet again for a chandelier. Do I need a light fixture? Not at all - I still don't have a need for one. But, I found my long lost gem of a chandelier still for sale! "It must be fate!" I shouted in my head. So, when one has no need for a chandelier, the natural thing to do is create a spot in your house for it. And this is what we did. My poor, poor husband. :)

Here is the before:




The chandelier was a bit dirty when we picked it up. I went through quite a bit of Windex in order to get this chandelier to sparkle! As much as I tried to love it, the brass finish screamed 1990's to me, so in the end, it had to go. It took us all day to install the light box and get this fixture shined up, but it proudly hangs in our bedroom.








I LOVE waking up to this every morning. Sometimes I feel like we are staying at a boutique hotel. :)

0 darling comments:

Post a Comment