Sunday, July 15, 2012

Brie and Granny Smith Apple Pastry

I used to nanny for a lovely family who became very near and dear to my heart. They have two beautiful little red-headed babies that you can't help but adore. Their mother and I bonded over our love of Paris and all things French. When I was nannying for them in Charleston, they made the most delicious pastry I have ever had - a combination of brie and pear laced with cinnamon and packaged prettily in a little puff pastry. After seeing this pin on Pinterest, I knew I had to try and re-create it.

For someone who does not cook... at all... like myself, this is really a fool proof recipe to make. As long as you don't keep the pastries in the oven for too long, it will be delicious! This little pastry would be a brilliant appetizer for a small get-together or even as a dessert after a decadent meal. I guarantee your dinner guests will be impressed!

To make eight pastries, you will need:

1 Granny Smith Apple
1 package of Crescent rolls
Wedge of brie (there will be leftovers, so make sure it is one you will eat!)
4 Tablespoons of sugar
A few dashes of cinnamon


Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees

1. Slice the apple into very thin slices (about 1/4" thick and 1" wide).
2. Coat the apple slices in a mix of cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
3. Take one "triangle" of the Crescent rolls and roll it into a ball.
4. Spread out the dough into a circle like you would pizza dough on a baking sheet.
5. Slice a few pieces of brie (to your liking) and place them in the center of the circle.
6. Add 3-5 apple pieces on top of the brie.
7. Gather dough around the center to enclose the pastry.
8. Bake for five minutes or until the top is slightly golden brown.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!








0 darling comments:

Post a Comment