Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Easy-peasy gift tags

Christmas is closing in on us, my friends. Per usual, I am not even close to being prepared. And, in light of being a real Scrooge this season, Brian and I are not decorating our house this year... [gasp!]... I know, tell me about it. With a curious puppy roaming around and old furniture taking up space in the new casa, a tree was just not in the cards for us. And without that gloriously scented tree, what is the point, really?

Even sans decor, there are lots of holiday festivities carrying on - including plenty of shopping and baking. Over the weekend, in a frantic attempt to finally cross the "holiday shopping" off my eternal to-do list, I came up with this fairly easy and budget friendly way of including a personal gift tag on your presents. I have had this box of old business cards tucked away in my desk for years. I hate throwing away stuff like this (you just never know when you will need 200 business cards with your old name, address and occupation! :) and knew one day, I would find the perfect use for these little pieces of paper.

So, I sprayed the printed side of the cardstock with some shimmery spray paint left over from a furniture project. The reverse side was a plain white, and I left that as is. I also had these cute little vellum envelopes laying around to use on a rainy day (well, it actually turned out to be quite sunny):


Sadly, I must have failed my grade-school lessons on cursive - mine is miserable looking! When addressing the invites for our wedding, I actually found a lovely scroll font from dafont.com and traced all of the addresses onto the envelopes. Time consuming - yes. But, to me, it was well worth it. I implemented the same technique on theses vellum envelopes. You can even trace it right from the computer screen!


Write a little message on the back (I am sure your writing is neater than mine!)...



And your gift is all set!


See? Easy-peasy, right? Happy wrapping. :)



0 darling comments:

Post a Comment