Thursday, December 1, 2011

Confessions....

I had the pleasure of dining with a pair of very good friends last night (I have known them both for at least fourteen years!) in celebration of their engagements. That is right, plural engagements within a week of each other (shout out Jenna and Amanda!) I know so many couples who have become betrothed during the month of giving thanks - including myself two years back!



It was so much fun to gush over the propsals, the reactions, the rings (GORGEOUS rings), bets on who is having babies first, and the months of planning ahead. It made me think back to when Brian and I got engaged and how much fun (well, most of the time) it was to plan our wedding. So here is my confession: for the last few years, I have had this idea, turned dream, and maybe someday will be a reality: I would absolutely love to buy a big, ol' Southern fixer-upper and restore the charm back into it. Being a huge fan of vintage trinkets (I call my personal style Granny chic), I can only imagine how lovely it would be to add damask wallpaper to a grand foyer, hang chandeliers dripping in crystal from the trey ceiling in the ballroom, and squeeze as many rose bushes as humanly possible into a well-manicured lawn. :) And what would I do with this heavenly home? Host weddings, of course!

Here are some darling little fixer-uppers I found that I would absolutely die to own:




 
 
Well, maybe one day. My other dream is to live in a little beach cottage on the white shores of Hawaii, so I won't be completely heartbroken if this doesn't pan out. :)
 
Anyone else have a dream like this? Or did you recently get engaged as well? I would love to hear your stories!
 
 

1 darling comments: