Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Back!

Sorry for the delay, dear friends. The week was crazy! As promised (but slightly late), here are the before and afters of the furniture we have been working on. Most of the after shots were taken from our Flea Market debut! (Prepare yourself, it's a long one!)

BEFORE:
[Habitat Re-Store find! These were so unique, I had to have them!]    


AFTER:

[A simple coat of pewter paint and a pair of shades I have been storing really made these glam!]

[Another shot in the sun!]   

BEFORE:
[Loved the lines and patina-d brass on this cute little side table]
 AFTER:
[A coat of white paint to cover up the decals and a lining of damask paper modernizes this piece]

BEFORE:
[I've been wanting to try chalkboard paint forever! Bought some cheapy-cheap frames...]

[...What else but a coat of white paint for the frames!?...]
[... a bit pricey, but it goes a long way!]


AFTER:
[SUPER easy... I will definitely be using this idea for our wedding!]
BEFORE:
[It has been a LONG time coming (hence my delay in posting this!), but here is the final product...]
AFTER:
[Ultra feminine? Yes, but c'mon, these chairs begged to be girly!]
[That white outline around the cane back was a pain in the you-know-what, but really made the white fabric pop!]
BEFORE:
[In hind-sight, this probably was not the best purchase I have made. Never shop in a rush!]
AFTER:
[After a few finish attempts, I think shabby-chic looks swell on it!]
 BEFORE:
**(I saved the best for last!)**
[This gem was over-looked due to a wobbly arm...]
[Even Daisy wondered why I purchased such a chair...]
[But with a little upholstery help (and absolutely none from Daisy)...]
AFTER:
[It looks totally modern!]
[All of these pieces found a loving new home!]
I warned you it would be a long one! Phew, it makes me tired all over again just by posting these. However, it was a lot of fun at the Flea Market. Brian and I are excited to go back out with even better pieces this time and definitely better sun screen!


0 darling comments:

Post a Comment