Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspire Me!

I think most creative people will agree that you can draw inspiration from anything and everything. Nature, fashion, food, and textiles are usually the mediums I draw my greatest ideas from. However, after watching "Jump Start" on VH1 the other morning, I was awe-struck by the beautiful choreography and costumes in Christina Perri's music video Jar of Hearts. Here are some still shots of it:



I love the dreamy color palette, mood-setting lighting, and twirly tulle skirts. The video combined the harshness of the asphalt, combat boots, and dreary weather with ultra feminine costumes and delicate ballerina poise for a dazzling contrast.

Still not sparking any creativity? Check out the blog Color Collective. I could seriously spend hours brainstorming ways to use her inspiring color combinations. Here are some palettes to get you revved up!


MARIE HOCHHAUS via LITTLE LOST LOVE
1. MYLINH TRIEU MGUYEN
2. CAFÉ MODE
via LITTLE LOST LOVE via GOLDEN PONIES

1. AMY ROBINSON (my sister!)
2. SOURCE UNKNOWN via MY FAVORITE COLOUR IS SHINY
SESSUN, SPRING 2011 via LIEBEMARLENE VINTAGE

TORY BURCH, PRE-FALL 2011


Are you inspired yet? :)


0 darling comments:

Post a Comment